Saturday, October 6, 2012

ETL has made me selfish

I've learned a ton about nutrition in the last several months. The most important thing I've learned is that it's OUR choices that cause and promote disease. I'm afraid to admit that has made me incredibly selfish.

I use the term selfish in the most unselfish way (I know, that doesn't make sense, but stick with me).

See, here's the thing, we all choose how we feed our bodies, what we put into them. We can continue to feed them with the Standard American Diet (SAD), or, we can choose to feed ourselves healthy, whole, plant-based foods. One choice will result in immediate satisfaction, the other will result in real, long-term health benefits.

I find myself wanting all the people I love in life to choose the latter, not the former. I want, like you can't believe, to have the people who are still in my life to live long, healthy, prosperous lives. Even if they don't go all the way. Just add some more plant-based goodness to the diet.

I am very selfish that way, and I think that's the best way I could ever be selfish.

Here are two people I wish would've been able to embrace this lifestyle with me <3

[caption id="attachment_574" align="aligncenter" width="484"] My Mom and Dad at my brother's wedding in the 1980s[/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment